Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend in Review

Saturday Adam had a 9am breakfast meeting and I got to sleep in. I slept until sometime around 11 and quite honestly, I don't really remember how we spent the first half of the day. I think Adam went swimming. Jeez, that must have been some hangover! Anyway, later in the afternoon we cleaned up the house and put the new rugs down that I got for my birthday. I dug through the change in my giant Coca-Cola bottle bank and separated the "silver" from the pennies. We were getting ready to head to my cousin's house to play cards. My family always plays for cash, we don't screw around!

Adam was close in his prediction when we got there that everyone would spend an hour taking pictures of my cousin's baby before we played cards. It was actually more like two hours. Some of it though was spent jerking around with birthday cake and ice cream for my cousin David's birthday. He's up here to visit from Tennessee.




Adam and I were NOT looking to donate our money to ANYONE Saturday night. We definately wanted to come home having more money or breaking even. I think we did end up donating a little, but we had fun, none-the-less.


Sunday Adam and I got groceries and then he worked with my brother-in-law out at his house. I piddled around the house. I went to bed around 7 because I had to work Sunday night. Got up around 9 to hang out with Adam for an hour before I left since he left really early this morning to go back to work. My sister kept the kids overnight and then took them to my dad's in the morning. I picked them up after a couple hours of sleep this morning and we all hung out and had a nice afternoon and evening. Blake was a little ornery, but nothing unusual.

Right now it's 11:50pm and I've been listening to our drunk neighbor lady fight with her kids for the last 45 minutes or so. I called the police about 10 minutes ago because it's starting to get a little rowdy. She drinks all the time and has 2 teenage kids. From what I can hear, and at this point I can hear almost every word, they've taken her keys and wont give them back. I really hope the cops get here soon. She's starting to get violent. My walls are shaking cuz she's pounding on them. Hopefully with her fist, and not a child. I wish Adam was here...
Tomorrow I'm going to take the kids to the Family Museum for a little play time. They don't know it yet. Should be a nice day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.