Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Baby Takes The Morning Train...He Works Five Ten-Hour Days...

Adam's construction job gets a little more intense starting tomorrow. Tomorrow he is being sent to BFE Illinois. In case you didn't know, and I don't know how you would, BFE Illinois is two-hours away. Let me repeat that in case you've been fingering the lenses on your glasses again, TWO-HOURS AWAY. So, because of that he'll be staying in BFE Illinois all week, coming home on the weekends. The kids and I are so sad! OK, I don't really think the kids have grasped that Daddy won't be home all week, but I'm super sad.

I'm trying to be upbeat about it. I think of all of the women and mothers who send their kids and husbands off to some foreign country for months and months at a time. Pretty sure they don't get to come home on the weekends. Still, it will be very weird for us. We've had times where one of us goes out of town, or whatnot but not for this long. We're not sure, really how long this job will last. I bet Adam will get more of an idea of that when he gets there but I doubt it will be as short of time as I want it to be. You know, like a day or something. That's how long I want it to last. Boo to road construction in BFE Illinois!

One positive I've found, (because my pal JC has taught me to find at least one in every shitty situation) is that he will be working five ten-hour days. That mean overtime, baby! Another positive (look at me, JC, I'm on a roll!) is that the town he'll be working in is in a county that has a higher prevailing wage than any of our local counties. About $4 more an hour. Mo money, mo bills paid.

So I'm going to try to update this blog daily with all of the trials and tribulations of my day so Adam can keep up-to-date with our family when he gets home on the weekends. You'll find my blogs to be more "Blake said this, then Emily did this.." rather than the Andy Rooney style, "Why are oranges called oranges but bananas aren't called yellows?" Hope you can tolerate it!





"You're on Bob's wood, Mr. Crab." --Lofty, "Bob The Builder"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.