Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday, Monday...the first boooooring blog

I woke up early, very early this morning to help Adam get ready to leave. It was around 3:50am. Adam left around 4:15 and I got my clothes out of the dryer so I would have them in the bedroom for work and also before my dad got here around 6am. Tried for about 3.5 minutes to go back to sleep but I realized I would only get less than an hour of sleep before my alarm went off again. Decided to get up and read the Internet news. Called Adam and told him George Carlin died.



Played on the Internet for an hour then got ready for work. Scrubbed and scrubbed face in the shower to get peeling skin off of forehead. I mostly succeeded but my chest is peeling bad. Pretty gross. Came out to tell Dad good-bye when he reminded me about his socks. I had promised to help him put on his tet socks before I left. Old man toes are grody. This small act totally threw off my morning so I forgot my big bottle of water and the frozen mac n' cheese dinner I was going to take to work for my lunch. Will have to eat hospital food. Boo.



Pulled in the lot at work and Adam called to say he got to the jobsite. Went in to work where it was fairly busy for pretty much the whole day. There had been a gunshot victim that came in the night before so he got a lot of calls. At least until he passed away at 9:30am. Boo to gangs. Ended up eating California Medley soup (my absolute fave) and half of a sub sandwich. Forgot the other half in the fridge at work. Will have to eat it Wednesday night.



Got off work and came home. House a bit of a mess because dad is too old to pick up kid crap. Dad leaves and Blake is onery. Very. Blake goes in his bedroom to watch TV and a while later Emily comes out to report Blake has fallen asleep on his floor. At the same time we said, "Whew!" I'm glad Emily understands. I start to crochet a baby blanket for Emily's favorite babydoll, Daisy. Because I need another blanket to crochet? I'm already half-way through Emily's blanket and about 1/5 of the way done with Blakes. Ugh. What was I thinking?? Work on that for a while then start dinner. Emily helped get the table ready and picked out the vegetable which she had a very hard time doing. "I just love them all!" she said, after verifying that both hominy and green beans were vegetables.



Half-way through dinner Blake woke up and was crabby. Didn't really want to eat and I didn't really want to fight him. Got him to eat a little bit and realized he stunk...like doody. (Blake's about 2 weeks into being potty trained so we still have accidents.) Also realized he put on a diaper and THEN crapped in it. Was disturbed but a bit relieved I wouldn't have to clean out a pair of Spiderman underwear.



Got Blake cleaned up and put him in the tub. Emily took a shower. Blake played in the tub for a bit and was a lot happier. Must have been the doody diaper that made him crabby earlier. Dried him off, put on clean underwear and jammies and Emily finally graced us with her presence outside of the shower. She got dressed in jammies too. We called Adam to tell him good night and Adam hung up on Emily. Not intensionally, he thought the conversation was done. Emily wasn't. She cried because she didn't get to tell him she loved him. Then I was crying. Blake was looking at us like we were nuts. Emily called Adam back and the world was right again.



Tucked the kids in bed, picked up the house and put Blake's dirty clothes in the washer as he's currently wearing his last pair of underwear. Watched Intervention. Yay for alcoholics in recovery. Then tried catching up on the 23 episodes of The Young and the Restless that I'm behind on. I'm down to 20 now. Jesus. Finally went to bed around 1am and PASSED OUT!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.