Thursday, June 26, 2008

You Say It's My Birthday! It's My Birthday Too, Yeah....Oh, I Already Said That...

So, I turned 34 today. 34. It doesn't even sound right when I say it. 34. WTF, man?? My day started out ok. I got home from work and got a couple hours of sleep. Went across the hall to pick up the kids. I'm pretty certain they were happy to get rid of Blake. When I asked if he was good or a maniac she didn't even play it off like he was good even though he wasn't. You know the standard, "Oh no! He was great!" She said, "Eh, a little of both." Great. I made lunch for me and the kids (PB&J and chips) and I spent the afternoon yelling at Blake. Called my sister and made arrangements for all of us to have dinner at my fave Mexican restaurant, Adolph's.

Stopped at the hardware store before we went to the restaurant to have 2 house keys made. One for my dad and one for the sitter. Since they had the funky key blanks, you know the decorative kind, got two of those and will give the plain ones out to dad and the sitter. For myself I chose the leopard print key, for Adam a green one with monkeys all over it.

Went to the restaurant. My cousin, her daughter and her baby were supposed to already be there but weren't. The oldest of the three called a few minutes later to say her and the second oldest were fighting and they wouldn't be able to come. I wont get into details of what the second oldest was yelling to her mom in the background but let me just say that if MY daughter EVER talks to me like that, she'll be hoofing it on the side of the highway. Jesus take the wheel because I'm about to knock the shit out of my kid!

Had a great dinner and then it was present time. You'll remember my sister took Emily shopping on Tuesday for my present. Well, she decided I needed a shirt. It's a really cute girly polo-type grey shirt with snaps and what looks like a peek of a white lacy tank underneath and puff sleeves. She also decided I needed rugs. Which was funny, but they'll match the rug I already have in the kitchen. I plan to put one in front of the fridge and one in front of the center island. Then, she got me a big area rug to match those to go under my kitchen table. I can't wait to put it under the table and see how it looks. My sister got me a really cute purple and green "COCKTAILS" sign to go by the wet bar. It has a big martini glass on it. She and my dad also got me $100 combined, which will pay my babysitter bill this week. Ugh. I'd really rather spend it on a new bra since I broke the strap on one of mine (the one of two I own) and a new swimming suit since the bra on mine has absolutely had it. In fact, I don't even think you can call it a bra in there anymore. More like a lazy piece of fabric.

The kids picked out THE most awesome birthday card EVER for me. It probably set my sister back close to $10 but it's AWESOME. If you're ever near a Hallmark display, please keep your eye out for it. It's a wind-up card. It has a little handle in the bottom right corner that you crank and while you do that it plays Soul Bossa Nova by Quincy Jones. It's a song you'd probably recognize from Austin Powers. While that's playing there is cut out pics of a swinging 60's party going on with people dancing, dancing with lampshades on their head and swinging from chandeliers. The act of you turning the crank makes them move. Seriously, you can't help but wish you were at this party. If you've ever seen "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (my fave movie of all time) it'll remind you of the party scene in that movie. Awesome card.

After we came home I tried picking up the house a bit and Blake was awful. He even got a spanking and laughed the whole time. I put a couple loads of clothes away and Emily helped. Can't say enough about how much Emily stepped up this week and helped me. She really deserves something special when payday rolls around. I had to wash another load of Blake's clothes because since Tuesday he's gone through every single pair of underwear he owns except for one. That's probably about 10 pair. Packed the kid's clothes since they're going to my sister's house for the weekend and they'll be gone by the time I get home tomorrow. By the time the kids went to bed tonight it was after 10 and I was exhausted. I watched a little TV and went to bed. Welcome to 34. Sooooo glad Adam will be home tomorrow night.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.