Saturday, June 28, 2008

Friday's Homecoming

Ahhh, Friday. Friday Adam came home. Whoohooo! Friday started out sort of weird. I went to bed Thursday night sooooo exhausted from the day. I really think as soon as I laid down I fell asleep because I don't remember looking around the room, adjusting my pillow or having any last thoughts for the day. I just remember straightening the comforter, turning off the light and setting the alarm for 7:15. That's it. Until 3:15am. At exactly 3:15 I woke up and looked at the clock. All of the sudden I thought I was supposed to be at work. It was like my body knew I had to work soon but my mind just could not figure out what time. I really thought I was supposed to be working 3rd shift at that moment. I sat straight up in bed and thought, "Why the hell didn't anyone from work call me??" I mean here it was, like almost 4.5 hours after my shift would have started. Then I thought maybe my alarm clock had the wrong time so I went in the bathroom. I have a clock in the shower. Same time. So I stopped. I wanted to collect my thoughts. Then I realized, I didn't have to work 3rd shift, I'm working 1st shift on Friday. Jesus. I don't have to be to work until 8:30 and I can get 4 more hours of sleep. I was so relieved. I got back in bed and fell right back to sleep.

A thunderstorm rolled in sometime after that with some pretty loud thunder. The first loud one half woke me up and I heard Emily wake up and run into my room and fling herself on my bed.

"Storm scare you, Emily?"

"Yes."

Got up for real at 7:15 and got ready for work. Helped my dad put his Tet socks on again and headed out the door. Stole rock star parking in a lot I'm not supposed to be parking in as an employee on 1st shift, but I didn't care. When I got to work our lead and another girl were there talking about Holidays. Our lead said she scheduled me for Labor Day, 2nd shift unless she finds someone to hire for PT 2nd shift. (Our last girl literally went crazy and works in a different department now, where she's gone equally as crazy) I wish now I would have had the wits about me to ask how many holidays that put me up to because we're each only supposed to have to work 4. That would be less if our lead would work some holidays but she doesn't do that or weekends. In fact, she barely does her 40 hours a week M-F. Case in point came at 11:00 when she left to "take her kids some lunch". She never came back and she wasn't scheduled to be off work until 3:30. Thanks a lot. I had already figured she was going to do that when I was thinking about work the night before. I was trying to think of who would be working with me and I figured she would either not be there because it's Friday, or she would leave early. Next week she's taking an "Office Day" on Thursday the 3rd because, of course, Friday she's off for the holiday. Tell me, how exactly does the lead of the switchboard take an "Office Day"???? We don't get to forward calls to her and I can't imagine there SO MUCH paperwork to do that she can't get it done while she's at the office. As it is when she's there she turns off her phone and doesn't answer calls whenever she feels like it. Anyway, sorry. That's enough of my ranting. What comes around goes around and someday she'll get what's coming to her.

Her leaving early did something good for me, it got me off a half-hour early because I couldn't take a lunch. That was cool with me. Adam called me at work around 2:15 to say he was off early and heading home because of storms in the area where he was working. He got home not too long before I did. After I got home Adam had showered and changed and we went out to dinner at a Chinese Buffet. That was nice because we didn't have the kids with us. Don't take that the wrong way because as much as you love them and love being with them, the occasional dinner out without them is Heaven, trust me! After dinner we came home and I showered, changed and we went to karaoke at The Paddlewheel. I had way, way....WAY too many shots and Adam ABSOLUTELY rocked the house. I really think he was the house favorite and sang the best of anyone there. We came home late and I saw that our neighbors were up partying. I really, really wanted to knock on the door but Adam insisted I didn't because they're "just a bunch of high school kids."

"So? I like high school kids!"

Pretty sure sober Amy wouldn't have said that. Again, I passed out when I hit the pillow and slept like a baby until 11am where I'm now suffering from a headache, stomachache and general blah-ness. We're supposed to go to my cousin's to play cards at 7:00. Ugh!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.