Wednesday, June 25, 2008

'Til Tuesday

I'm gonna try to make this a little more short and sweet than that blabbering piece of rubbage I posted yesterday. Ha! I just used my fave new word...rubbage. Anyway, due to the late hour I went to bed on Monday night, Tuesday morning I slept in until a retched 10:00. Craptastic. WTG Mom for leaving your kids to fend for themselves all morning. Turns out they were fine and had just been playing and watching TV, whew. Breakfast was served and I took a shower.

I did a little Internet surfing after that and found this TOTALLY awesome website where I want EVERYTHING. I found so many rad things to get Adam for xmas. I can't wait to go nuts on this website. Also everything is pretty cheap so...I just can't even tell you how awesome it is. I would love to share the site with you but as one of the gift recipients will be reading this, I must keep you in the dark for now. I promise though, December 26th, I'll spill the beans!

In the afternoon I called Adam's office to see about his payroll. Adam found out Monday night that his company is no longer issuing checks, they are doing the direct deposit thing, which is good, but potentially disastrous when they don't have our bank info, his first payday is on the 4th and rent is due by the 5th. Also with Adam being so far from home I was concerned. They were very accommodating and let me pick up the paperwork and fill it out for him. He even signed it via me, but shhhhh...that's our secret!

Emily asked me this afternoon when my birthday was. "Thursday." I said. She looked a little freaked and said, "Who's gonna take me to get your present?!?! What's Aunt Lisa's number???" So, she called my sister at work and left her a vm. She called back and they made arrangements to go shopping tonight. Since I was out that way to get Adam's paperwork we met her when she got off, had dinner and then she took the kids shopping. I got to spend a couple quiet hours home alone with a couple crazy new summer tv shows, some yarn and a crochet hook.

Adam called around 8 and said he was tired from putting in an 11.5 hour day. Not sure what time the kids got back but we hung out with my sis until about 10. I tried getting out of Emily what she got me for my birthday but she's locked up tighter than a steel drum. I can tell you that I'm NOT getting socks, a book, a CD, underwear, shoes, My Little Pony, a case of pop, eggs and bacon, or cauliflower. I'm stumped. I put the kids to bed, tried to catch up on more soaps and turned in myself. Tomorrow I hope to get some cleaning done then I have to work tomorrow night.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.