Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend in review

This was a fairly busy weekend for The Warren's. I worked all weekend, actually I'm at the end of a 6-day stretch that started last Wednesday night. Tonight is the sixth night, I'm off tomorrow night then it's back on Wednesday again. Then I'm off for a few days, thank God! Anyway, Friday was pretty uneventful, I think. Honestly I don't remember much about Friday, except that it was busy at work. Lots of drunks, lots of people checking themselves or someone else into rehab or mental health. Lots of weird people calling. One old man called me and said exactly this, "I think I have the AIDS." I really didn't want any further details, however I think he called me again last night, more on that later.
Saturday morning was Emily dance recital. It started at 10am, lucky for me since I worked the night before. We had to be there at 9:30 but we got there early to get a good parking space. It was held at the Galvin Fine Arts Center at St. Ambrose University, which is a nice place and they have a lot of events there, however their parking situation leaves a lot to be desired. Anyway, there were eight of us total that came to see Emily dance and it was a great recital. I thought all of the classes did really well. I was impressed considering all of the students were probably aged 7 and under. Here are a few pictures post recital.






After that the kids went to my sister's to spend the night and Adam and I went to Riefe's in Davenport for lunch. It's been there since 1948 and we had never been. It was wonderful. Adam had a burger and fries and I had a hot beef. So yummy and very reasonably priced.

We came home and I eventually went to bed and Adam made some new friends around the apartment complex. They played volleyball and Adam allegedly broke one of his toes. Then they all drank beer. I woke up and went to work. How utterly exciting!
Sunday morning Adam had already left to help our bro-in-law with some cement work so I was home alone and I loved it! I went to the freezer and got out my new Bagel-fuls to try out for breakfast.

These things are the biggest, ackiest pieces of crap to ever find themselves in my microwave. I thought the problem I was going to have with them was that there wouldn't be enough cream cheese in them. I didn't realize there would be an over abundance, which is saying something because I like a lot of cream cheese on my bagel. So that was the first thing wrong with them. The second thing is that you either under microwave them or over microwave them. So I leaned towards over microwaving them because I'd rather have them too warm than still frozen in the middle. Well, when you get them too hot then the cream cheese is like lava and it squirts out the other end. Grody. Lastly, they're very doughy, like a pretzel. Like an under-done pretzel. You get four in the box, there's two in the freezer for the next time I get drunk and forget how horrible these are.

That night I worked again and it was a very uneventful evening. Except for one particular call. I believe it was the same guy from two nights ago who called and said he had the AIDS. This time he stuttered a lot and it was very hard to understand him. I had to make him repeat himself a couple times. Finally he said, "I was raped the other night." Oh. I transferred him to a nurse. Again, the less I know, the better.
So this morning Adam took Emily to her last full day of First Grade. After that we got some groceries and came home and ate breakfast. I retired to the bedroom to get a little blogging done and now I'm drinking a refreshing beverage.


Looks like water, right? Actually it's invisible cherry Kool-Aid. Now I can trick all my friends after school! Anyway, it actually tastes just like cherry Kool-Aid, not like those other gimmicky Kool-Aids that say they are a certain flavor but just taste like fruity butt.

This afternoon we're going to Emily's school for an awards program. Apparently Emily is getting some sort of award. Very cool, I think. Tomorrow is the last day of First Grade!! She goes for a whole hour then she's done. I honestly can't believe she's going into Second Grade. Crap!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.