Saturday, June 7, 2008

Where have I been??

The same could be asked of you! Where are you? Oh yeah, I guess I actually need to start getting my blog OUT THERE in the world so people can read it. It would probably be helpful to post more regularly than every six months. OK, more posts and more "advertising", I promise.

So what's been going on with me? Well, not a whole lot. Still working, still being a mom. We did move about a month ago. The house we were renting was foreclosed, (despite the rediculous denial by the landlord) so we've found ourselves in a 1400 square foot apartment on the other side of the river. We're now Iowans again. We actually really love living in the apartment. Our original plan was to only live here for a year then buy a house but Adam and I are contemplating living here a few years, get some decent money saved, then buy a house. Our apartment has plenty of room, a cozy fireplace, two decks, one big one off the living room and one in our bedroom, and the pool is right outside our building. What more could a girl want, right? OK, a maid would be nice but I'm not sure I want a stranger touching my dirty underwear. Actually I'm quite certain I don't want a stranger touching my dirty underwear, thank you very much!

Another lovely tidbit of information about what's been going on is that my car got broken into last weekend. Adam and I went to a bar in town for some 8th wedding anniversary karaoke and my really great buzz was killed as I stood under the awning of the bar, waiting for Adam to bring the car to me in the pouring rain. He was only gone a few seconds when he ran back towards me saying, "Remember that new stereo I got you for xmas??" The guy next to me looked at me like he wasn't sure if I was one of those girls that was about to have a mental break-down. Like he might have to duck and cover at a second's notice. I said, "Are you fucking kidding me right now???" "Nope, ripped out the whole dash." They also ripped out my dome light, however they were nice enough to leave the dash and light in the backseat. Anyway, we called the cops, they took the report over the phone, an evidence detective came out and took pictures and we called our insurance company. Because of our $500 deductible we popped the dash and light back in ourselves and we'll replace the radio with a cheaper model whenever we have the extra cash. I can tell you though, I loathe my longer commute to work without a radio. Ugh, it really sucks.

As far as future plans, our little dancing queen, Emily, has her big dance recital tomorrow morning. The theme for this year's recital is "At The Movies" and all of the songs the kids are dancing to are from kid's movies. All of them are easily recognized, too, except of course both of the songs Emily is dancing to. Their ballet dance is to Carnival of the Animals which, from what I can find out, is mostly known from Peter and the Wolf ballet performances. Apparently it was also in Fantasia 2000. It is a pretty recognized song, though if you have a chance to hear it. Her tap dance is to a song called Jump N' Move. It's from Happy Feet. It's a Jamaican-style song. Mostly they say "Jump N' Move N' Jump N' Move N' Jump N' Move N' STOP!" however there are other lyrics. Lyrics we never really paid attention to during the last several months of studio practice...however...a few weeks ago Emily was given a copy of the song to take home for practice. That's when Adam caught a few words that perked up his ears. Words like, "horny" and "LSD". It took a few minutes of research for me to find the lyrics to this lovely kid's song and when I did Adam and I were a bit surprised to find out the song is about Ronald and Nancy Reagan and Nancy being horny and various drug references. We've decided not to rock the boat and not say anything. I'm quite certain the instructors never paid attention to the lyrics and who would think to listen for sex and drug references in a song that appears in a kid's movie? So, it's our little secret.

So what's been going on with all of you? How's your summer? Any big plans or are you just going to sit at home like us because the thought of paying $4 a gallon for gas to go anywhere exciting makes you sick to your stomach?


"I'm not even supposed to BE here today!" Dante 'Clerks'

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.