Tuesday, June 10, 2008

...his name is my name too

We get all kinds of sorts that call in to work. Since I work 3rd shift my calls are usually split up into groups. From the start of my shift until around 5:00-5:30, that's when all the crazies call in. Obviously not every call but the phrase, "it's happy hour somewhere" does seem to apply during these hours. After that the calls change to a lot of employees needing to call in, people wondering about appointment times or surgery times and a lot of calls from family and friends wanting to know the room number of a loved one. One of my pet peeves for these last type of calls are the people that give you 52 first names for their friend.



"Yeah, I wanted to get the room number for someone."

"Sure, what's the name?"

"Allison...Peter...Taylor...Joe."

"Um. Ok, so...what's the last name?"

"Peter."

(cut to me with my arms flailing in the air wondering...WTF??? That wasn't even the first or last name that you spewed out!)

"Ok, and the first name?"

"Taylor. TaylorJo Allison-Peter."



Are you serious??? Please remember when you're calling somewhere looking for your friend, if they have 5 different names, and ALL of them could be either first or last, be clear in the beginning. I don't know you're friend! You have to tell me, "The last name is hyphenated, it's Allison-Peter. The first name is TaylorJo." Better yet, just get friends with shorter names.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.