Saturday, June 14, 2008

Celebrity Circus Smackdown!


Did any of you watch the newest in summertime reality tv? That which is the Celebrity Circus? If you missed I seriously recommend borrowing your grandma's VHS copy of it just so you can see Blu Cantrell put the smackdown on one of the judge's. You all remember Blu Cantrell, right? She sang that "Hit 'Em Up Style" song that went a little something like, "I was beemin...in the deemin hama deemin' just a dreamin...cant believe that I ate my man's semen" er...something like that. Anyway, the show has 6 or 7 C-list celebrities, the most well known being Peter Brady and supermodel Rachel Hunter, if that tells you anything. They each do a different circus trick, get judged by a panel of three judges, one being cranky, one delivering soft blows and one gay (I know, very original) then we can call in and vote for our favorite with one of them getting voted off each week. Very "Dancing With The Stars".

So before each celeb performs they show a little bit of them practicing and the struggles that they had so you can begin to think, "wow, they have no idea how to do this" and then they come out and nail it and it blows your mind. All except Blu Cantrell. Poor Blu. During the clips of her practicing she was obviously very lazy. Even the trainers were commenting on her laziness and she would say, "I just know my body and I have to lay down a lot." Whatever. So, she performs an act on the Spanish Web, or something. Adam and I weren't too impressed with the performance because she really didn't do much of anything. Now we cut to the judges. The first judge is some professional circus acrobat, aka the cranky one. She proceeds to tell Blu just how it is, how she never even climbed up the rope to do her trick and that it was terrible, blah, blah. She gets similar yet nicer remarks from the other judges. Cut to commercial where Blu got to stew in her pissed-off-ness. They come back and host Joey Fat-one says, "Blu, those were harsh comments, what do you think about that?" She says to cranky judge, "I think even if I'd done this as many years as you I'd still do it better than you." DAYUM! They bicker back and forth with Fat-one cutting them off and talking over them and cranky judge gets the last word by giving ol' Blu a score of 4 out of 10. OUCH! Blu ended up with an average score of 4.7. The highest celeb, Stacy Dash from the movie "Clueless" got an average of 8.1 if that tells you anything.

I think if I were cranky judge, I'd be looking out for Blu Cantrell's brother, who's probably a Crip to be hiding under my car. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.