Wednesday, June 25, 2008

F*ck Hump Day

Shitty day today. At least the first half was. Adam got rained out so no work. Apparently he thought it would be a good idea to call me at 8am and wake me up. Apparently he forgot we sleep until 9am. Emily cleaned up her room and her brothers (yay Emily!) so I could pick up the living room, dining room, kitchen and vacuum. Suddenly I heard Blake in the bathroom say, "Mama, why is all this water on the floor?" I assumed he pissed on the floor again like he's done almost everyday this week. I went in there and saw a very large puddle of water. Told Blake to get out, flushed the toilet (stupid, stupid, stupid) because there was a big wad of TP in there. Water went EVERYWHERE and fast. Suddenly I easily had an inch of water on the floor and it was spreading fast. Tried to find our mop with no luck. Called Adam to see if he put it somewhere. Tried to make the conversation quick because of the spreading water. Adam wants to ask 20 questions.


1. Well who did it?
2. Well did you ask which one did it?
3. Did you spank Blake?
4. Is it from the toilet?
5. What was in the toilet?
6. Well was it just a bunch of toilet paper, or what?


Can you please just tell me if we have a mop, I've got like an inch of water all over the place. Then the bitching starts. "I DON'T KNOW IF WE HAVE A MOP..." The rest was just noise to me. I hung up and grabbed all of the clean towels out of the closet. No time for lectures. By this time the carpet outside of the bathroom was getting soaked. It took 6 full towels to finally get it cleaned up. Meanwhile my phone is ringing the whole time. I don't answer. I got a voicemail. He got a text message.


Put all of the towels from the bathroom, and some dirty ones that were in a basket to be washed, in the washer. Got them out and they were still pretty soaked. Apparently I had too many in the washer and they didn't get spun very dry. They took FOREVER in the dryer.


I started lunch for the kids and Blake came out in the living room to talk to me. Realized he had AGAIN peed his pants (third time today). Got out a clean pair of underwear and shorts for him and he starts throwing a fit. A big one. Ignored him. He kept it up for the whole time I cooked mac n' cheese, served it, Emily ate hers and for a bit after that. He didn't want to change his clothes and he didn't want help with it. I think he's really missing his daddy. I got him to let me help him get changed. He gave me a big hug when I asked him if he missed daddy and he sat and ate his mac n' cheese. Even cleaned out his bowl and put it in the sink when he was done.


After that he played for a while in his room when I heard a "bang". He starts whailing and crying, holding his knee and running to me. I scooped him up, knowing he was also very tired. I held him for a minute and gave him a good dose of "The House That Jack Built."** He passed right out and I finally got some peace and quiet. Whew.

I took the kids across the hall to the babysitter after dinner (how's THAT for convenience???) and then I laid down myself. A special shout out to Adam for forgetting I worked tonight and calling and waking me up around 8pm. I appreciated that. Got up around 10 and got ready for work. As I left the apartment I could hear Blake yelling for the cat over at the sitter's house. Great, he's still up at 10:25pm. They're going to hate me and never want me to bring my kids over there again. Said a quick prayer that Blake would calm down and fall asleep soon and headed to the car. Felt a sprinkle as I got in and hoped it wouldn't be raining hard when I got to work as my umbrella was in the house. I lucked out and it wasn't raining hard AND I got rockstar parking at work. Love that!

When I got to the office the 2nd shift girl had baked me a cake for my birthday (which she admitted to already eating a piece of, lol) and there was a present from everyone, a pretty candle.

Tried out a piece of the cake and OMG was it freaking good! It was a chocolate bundt cake with what I'm pretty sure was homemake chocolate icing drizzled on top. The girl that made it just turned 22 but she bakes like nobody's business. Seriously. She brings in cookies and cakes that could be on the cover of ANY magazine. From what I hear her mom was the same way (which I had guessed) and I guess her mom made ANYTHING you could find in the stores. Apparently she never knew Twinkies exsisted in the store until she was in her teens because her mom always made them herself when they were growing up. Can you imagine a warm Twinkie right out of the oven. Wow. Oh yeah, and this girl is a twig with two kids. I love her and hate her all at the same time.



**For those of you that don't know, last year when Adam went back to work, Blake and I got in a habit at naptime. Everyday at 11 or 11:30 he would come up to me with his favorite blanket and tell me he needed, "a little House That Jack Built". I would wrap him up, hold him and softly and slowly tell him the story of the House That Jack Built. He would usually be asleep before we even got to the man all tattered and torn. We don't do it very often anymore but it still works whenever I do it. I love having that little thing that only works for mommy! I'm so glad my grandma bought me that book at KMart when I was about 6. Thanks Grandma!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.