Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sarah Palin. The next beer guzzling, daisy duke wearing, halter top sportin' Vice President. Go Junior!

I do not consider myself to be a political person, beyond any means. Nor do I make it a habit to talk politics beyond the general, "I hate Dubya...", "stop shipping jobs overseas...", and "gas is too frickin' high!" I do not know a lot about politics, and perhaps to most people's dismay, I don't really care. I do vote, at least in presidential elections, and I do pay attention to the issues being addressed.

As were a lot of people, I was pretty surprised by John McCain's choice for his VP. I obviously had not been paying attention to the list of possibilities as thrown out by every "expert" on TV, the Internet and print journalism. Quite frankly I didn't really care. I have already made my choice to vote for Obama, however I was someone interested in who McCain was going to pick. When I heard it was a 44 year-old FEMALE Mayor from Alaska I was like, "Uh...what?"

Again, I don't know much about her, I don't really care. Of course like 99% of the country I do know that her 17 year-old daughter is pregnant. I also know that daughter's name is Bristol. Bristol. That alone made me at least look her up in wikipedia and find out the names of her other kids. First, there's Track. That's right, Track. He's the oldest. Then came Bristol. So...Bristol, Track. After Bristol comes Willow. Yeah, that was a great VC Andrews series...Willow. Pretty sure I read it while I was pregnant with one of the kids. Pretty sure it didn't inspire me to name one of my own flesh and blood after the main character. Ok. Next comes Piper Indy. Finally, Mrs. Palin gave birth to her 5th child, just this last April, I might add. He's a cute little bugger. Was diagnosed with Down's Syndrome prenatally. Yeah. He's cute. What? Oh, his name? Trig. Duh! So, NASCAR fans. Let's spell this out in a way you can understand:

Track: a surface to race on
Bristol: a NASCAR track in Bristol, TN
Piper Indy: Piper manufactures airplanes, Indy: Short for Indianapolis Motor Speedway-hosts the Indy 500, IRL (Indy Racing League) and NASCAR Sprint Cup.
Willow: Willow Springs International Raceway--Hosted the first two NASCAR events west of the Mississippi
Trig: Well, she's a fan of guns just like most NASCAR fans are and all guns have triggers. Was that mean? Sorry.

Here's what I want to see. No matter who wins the next election, I want to see Sarah Palin at the very next NASCAR race. I want to see her in a Dale Jr. cut off tank top, daisy dukes and a straw cowboy hat. I want her to have a beer in one hand and her baby in the other. She'll be front and center and the one in front of a microphone shouting, "GENTLEMEN...START...YOUR...ENGINES!"
Then she'll let out a big "WHAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!" Yep. Can't wait.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.