Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The boys in our family are crazy

Adam
Adam's been putting in bookoo hours at work lately. He worked close to 60 last week and had in 25.5 by the time he came home on Tuesday night. That means we've been having to eat dinner without him. When he comes home he pretty much eats then goes to bed. Last night I stayed up late watching TV and goofing on the computer. As I got in bed Adam started talking in his sleep again. He said, "Oh yeeeaaahh." It was in a tone like someone just reminded him of an old friend's name. As I laid there giggling the "Oh yeeeaaahh" turned into more of an, "ooooooh yyyyyyeaahhhhhhh." Something a little dirtier. Then he did it again. It made me wonder, just what is this long lost friend doing?

Blake
Blake has decided to skip his daily 1.5 hour 2:00 nap for the last 2 days. Then, he falls asleep somewhere between 6:00 and 6:30. When this happened on Monday my sister had come over that evening and we both tried to wake him up for dinner but he just wasn't having it. I told my sister, "I hope he doesn't wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 3 o'clock in the morning."

"What time did he go to bed?"
"Around 6:30-ish?"
"Well...that's, what? Nine hours of sleep? Yeah."
"Aw, lord."

Well my alarm went off at 7:30 the next morning and he was already up but that's not unusual.

Yesterday the same thing. No nap but this time we also had to go to the family museum for Emily's dance class so he got an hour of good playing in from 5-6 o'clock. Just a couple minutes after we got home Blake said, "Mama, what did you do with my blanket? I've been looking for it for 20 minutes." (We had been home for about 6). So we went in his room, he found a blanket and he curled up on the bed. In a sleepy voice he said, "Have Emily wake me up when it's supper time." Then he passed out. Well, again, no one could wake him up for dinner. At about 10:30 I was walking from our bedroom to the kitchen and I saw Blake stirring around. I went in his room and it was kinda cold in there so I had him get under all of his covers, instead of just the blanket. I told him good-night. As I walked back by he said, "Mama, tell me when dinner's ready, ok?" Awwww! Poor little dude had no idea it was like 4 hours after dinnertime. I got him up and made him something to eat. He was up until around 11 then it was back to bed. Adam called this morning and said when he got up at 5:30 Blake was up, in the kitchen with every light on in the house.

The funny things Blake says
Last weekend Adam and I hung out outside with some of our downstairs neighbors. One couple has 1 boy and another has 2 kids, both close to Blake and Emily's ages. All of the kids were playing in the apartment of the one kid and we were right outside so we could see them in there. Blake came out a little while later and when I asked him why he wasn't playing with the kids he said, "Because the dog is mean to me." My neighbor said, "Blake, we don't have a dog." I asked him, "What's the dog's name?" "Smokey." We all laughed at him. Blake had gone to the wrong apartment. He went to the house where the 2 kids live. Unfortunately the only one that was home was the dog, lol.

The other day I was on the phone with my sister when Blake came in the bedroom naked. I told him to put his clothes on. "Jus weeve me awone, ok mama?" was his response. He says it so often it doesn't even make me mad anymore. I told him again to put his clothes on and he said he had to go potty. He went to the bathroom and came back and when I again told him to get dressed he said, "I'm just going to lay here until I air out." I thought my sister was going to have a coronary on the other end of the phone, she was laughing so hard. Apparently that's been a popular story at her work this week.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.