Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Jimtini!

Yesterday was my BFF Jim's birthday. I can't remember if he decided a few weeks ago to start working backwards after this birthday or just keep celebrating 29 each year. Either way, happy 29th birthday Jim. Only I, yo mama and your dad (hey Jim's Dad! Grrrrrrrowwwwllll!!!) need to know your true age today.

Jim and I were supposed to get together this coming weekend to go to the Miss Gay Iowa pageant in Cedar Rapids, however a financial deficit has cancelled the trip. I'm pretty sad and I know Jim is too because we had a FUCKING BLAST last year in Des Moines. We adopted several new phrases, like you do when you have a drunk weekend with one of your friends. The kind of phrases only the two of you understand. Some of our phrases were

"Sweet Lincoln's Mullet!"

"See you at church on Sunday!"

"How's your sister?"

"Shut up! She doesn't know any better!"

"You can't say 'Mary'."

"He was so gay, he opened his mouth and Tim Gunn fell out."

"He's gayer than a sequened clutch purse full of rainbows."


I miss Jim a ton since I haven't seen him since our NYE bash. Here are pictures from that event and yes, that was all of our alcohol for just the two of us. No wonder we're fashioning hats and braziers out of my kick-ass napkins!







I'm certain Jim and I will eventually see each other again, although it feels like never. I miss you Jimmy! Come party at my wet bar soon! Wow. That was dirty. I sincerely apologize.

1 comment:

LivingLifeBackwards said...

Des Moines moved their pagent festivities to October... so you could come up with him then. My friend Nathan won Mr. Gay Iowa. Yeah that's right. Don't hate.

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.