Saturday, September 20, 2008

Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's...rock and roll!

Emily's birthday bowling party went off without a hitch. We all had a really good time. I ended up having 5 girls RSVP that they were coming. Then 3 didn't show up but 2 did that I wasn't expecting (actually, they both DID call but for some reason I didn't get one of the voicemails and another one called the morning of the party).

I made bowling shirts for all of the kids. I got the idea from a magazine and they had links for the graphics on their website that you could print on transfer paper. At first I wanted to do this but wasn't going to because of the expense. Transfer paper is expensive. Then my sister told me she had about 50 sheets of it. So, 2 days before the party I found nice Hanes t-shirts at the dollar store. I was planning on 11 kids and they had 10 bright orange ones and 4 blue ones, all kids sizes. Well I couldn't pass that up. I did all of the girls shirts in orange and the boys in blue. I put a big picture on the back of a bowling ball striking pins and then a small pin with their name underneath it on the left chest on the front. Because I thought I might have some girls come that didn't RSVP, I made extra shirts without names. I was glad I did since I had a couple girls I wasn't expecting. Here you can see them all in their shirts. I've blurred out the kid's faces that aren't mine b/c I'm not into putting up pictures of other people's kids out on the Internet.



Poor Blake dropped his bowling ball on his bare foot about 2 frames into his game and he wasn't so much into bowling after that, as you can imagine. I got him to bowl a few more frames, but that was it.

One of the funny things that happened at the party was when I was cutting the cake. One of Emily's friends came up to me and said, "Mrs. Warren?" Well I just ignored her because that's not my name! That's my MIL's name! Then she finally tapped me on the arm and said, "Mrs. Warren?" Oh! Right! That IS me! My bad! What a reality check that was. That'll make you feel old real quick.



Anyway, we all had a good time and I think it was a better decision than going to Chuck E. Cheese or anything like that.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.