Tuesday, September 9, 2008

MOPS think they're better than me...

This morning I woke up late. Like really late. Emily has to catch the bus at 8:11 and school for her starts at 8:30. Also today was a preschool day for Blake and he has to be there at 9. It takes about 20 minutes to get there. I had set my alarm for 7:30. I got up at 7 because I had to pee, then made the fatal mistake of "just laying here for a few minutes". I woke up again at 8:30. Oops!

Luckily when I woke up everyone was dressed but me so I dropped Em off at school and headed to preschool with Blake. We only ended up being about 5 or so minutes late. As Blake and I were walking in the door to the church there was a member of MOPS letting the other MOPS in the door. The church keeps all the doors locked for security due to the preschool so you either have to have someone let you in or ring the buzzer for the office and tell them who you are. As I passed the MOP I said, "Yeah, we're a little late. Mom overslept this morning." The MOP said, "Huh. I WISH that could happen to me." As though she would never allow herself to oversleep. Like I'm the lesser parent. Yeah, well at least I don't call myself a cleaning apparatus!

2 comments:

LivingLifeBackwards said...

F--- those MOPS. I thought of you when I was looking at Craigs list there was a new MOPS group forming I giggled...

AmyWaWa said...

It's ok, you can say it. I KNOW you joined! The first step is admitting you have the problem, Lindsey! LOL! J/K. Eff those MOPS!

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.