Friday, August 29, 2008

Superman and the Toothless Wonder

I thought I'd share some great pics I have taken of the kids in the last couple weeks. We'll start with Blake. When Adam and I bought all that clearance crap from The Factory Card Outlet last weekend, one of the purchases was a Superman costume. Here are some of my favorites:




I've mentioned before Emily's loose teeth. Well, she's had one on the top that's been very loose for some time. I told her I wanted it out by the time she took her 2nd grad pictures next Friday the 5th. I just love grade school pictures where the kids have big gaping holes in their mouths. When Em lost her first tooth it was just before her 1st grade pictures so I told her to make sure to smile so we could see the missing tooth. That was a little awkward because the missing tooth was on the bottom, but none the less, she did it. So today after school I noticed this front tooth was very loose and I said, that's it, it's coming out. Well after alot of wiggling, and crying, and some Anbesol Jr. I grabbed a hold of the tooth and just then Emily jerked her head back and the tooth came out (anyone experiencing some deja vu from last Sunday? Yeah, me too.) This time though the tooth was a little more in there than the last one so it was a little painful for Emily. I think we were both kind of surprised when it happened. Afterwards she was playing with the hole in her mouth with her tongue. I said, "Does it feel weird, Emily?" She said, "Yeah, I can feel my gungs."

"You're what."

"You know. My gungs."

"Spell that."

"G-U-T-S."

(me laughing) "You can feel your GUTS?"

(Emily laughing) "Oops. No. G-U-N-G-S."

"Oh. RIIIIIIGHT. Your gungs."

So she things the fleshy things that hold her teeth in are called gungs. Not gums. How cute.

Here's the gaping toothless wonder:



Also last Monday night while my sister kept Blake overnight, we took Emily to the sky bridge at night so she could be up there while it was all lit up and check out the city below. As you can see, Emily wore her best downtown chic. She was so funny. When we got on the elevator she was like, "OK. Now I can get dressed." and she opens up her little plastic Cinderella purse, pulls out a necklace, puts it on and then puts on her shades. Adam and I just giggled at her.




I also took a couple of pictures from the same places I took them during the flood. Unfortunately since we were there at night they didn't turn out as well, especially on a sky bridge lit up in purple and green lights. I did take one of the Centennial Bridge, however that came out kinda nice but a bit blurry:

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.