Monday, August 11, 2008

How I spent my weekend...

Some people I talked to on the phone:

1. Jim--most of my voicemails from Jim are very upbeat and make me giggle, if not blatantly laugh out loud. Some of them go like, "aaaamyyy??? (pause) Where are you???? (pause) Are you there? (as though I can hear him on the voicemail as he's talking and I'm choosing to ignore him. Like remember when we all had answering machines?) (pause) (Famous Jim laugh) O.K. call me!" This voicemail was very downbeat and sad sounding. My poor, smart Jimmy still hasn't found a job despite his master's in accounting. AAAAAND his computer fried. (BOO!) Hang in there Jimmy! Soon you'll have a fab job and we'll be together again, drinking.

2. My sister
3. Adam
4. My dad
5. My dad
6. My dad
7. My dad...the man calls constantly

Some places I went:

1. The Wagonwheel--despite the fact there was no karaoke Adam and I did eat two AWESOME chicken philly sandwiches
2. The Tiddly Tap--I just love saying it. The Tiddly Tap. They DID have karaoke. Adam and I dug the vibe of this bar. It reminded us a lot of The Nickelodeon where we used to go in Coralville.
3. Wal-Mart--shopping for Emily's birthday present with my sister. I bought hairspray, a bandanna (see below) and a vitamin water
4. Gordman's--more shopping with my sister. I bought some very cute brown ice cream bowls that were $20.00 then $9.99 then 75% off so I got them for about $2.50. I love the Gordman's.
5. Target--still more shopping. I got two outfits for my cousin's baby for fall/winter, toilet paper and a bottle of water. Did I mention my sister was the one buying stuff for Emily's birthday? I'm not planning on getting her anything yet because I still have a month but I do have some things picked out like this and a cute suitcase at Gordman's. We don't usually get her as much since we also have the party and food to pay for.

Some things I heard my alcoholic neighbor screaming at 3:00am:

1. YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER! (to her 18 yr old daughter)
2. YOU'RE A DIRTY FUCKING WHORE! (to her 18 yr old daughter. Heard this one at least four times)
3. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM, JASON! (to her 18 yr old daughter's 20-something boyfriend)

Some people I saw at the Tiddly Tap that I already knew:

1. Jason (the above mentioned boyfriend)

Some people I saw at the Tiddly Tap that I didn't already know:

1. Michelle, the 40 yr old drunk woman that sat next to me who was completely right when she said she couldn't sing
2. Drunk old guy with a big wad of cash in his wallet who kept buying everyone drinks. He bought me 2 beers and said, "What's your name?" When I said, "Amy" he said, "No one gives a fuck, Amy. Drink your beer."
3. Dave, the bartender with the sweet 'stache.
4. Tanya, the red-head with a bad dye job wearing the short mini-skirt and flowered underwear (don't ask)

Some awesome gossip I heard when we got home from the Tiddly Tap:

1. Apparently before he went to the bar, Jason, as previously mentioned, told the 18 yr old girlfriend he was gay. Apparently she was outside crying and then she peed her pants. LOL! Here's my theory. That boy's not gay! He just wants the FUCK out of that house! I think he thought, "what could I say that would get me the hell out of here the fastest? Oh, right! I'm gay!" Done. And done.

Places I went out to eat or got food from:

1. Village Inn--slow service, which happens to us EVERY FREAKING TIME WE GO THERE! I don't know why we punish ourselves. Meals were decent though.
2. Adolph's--mmmmmmm
3. Harris Pizza--yay for us they screwed up our first pizza giving us a pepperoni and mushroom instead of a sausage and mushroom. We got to keep both and got one free. Sweet!
4. Hy-Vee Chinese...mmmmm sesame chicken

Weird people I saw:

1. There was a bachelor/bachellorette combo party that wandered into the Tiddly around midnight. They had an 80's theme. The groom was tightly wound in his two polo shirts with the collar up and his tight-rolled jeans. He was pretty bossy. I just wanted him to relax and stop being such a freak of nature. I heard him telling some of the rest of the party, "Ok, we gotta catch the bus so you gotta get your name in because you're singing. Ok, go up there and pick out your song but hurry because we have to get back on the bus." Then later. "Ok, we gotta go we still have to do the stripper dance on the bus." Something tells me this guy passed out an itinerary to everyone before they left that left very little wiggle room for anything spontaneous. Of course this party included the 42 year old woman that had to dress like Madonna with the white lace corset, black lace leggings, BOYTOY belt buckle and Payless black heels. You know she got this outfit straight out of her closet.

Dumb thing I heard someone say:

1. "That is very gay. I'm sorry but that's gay to me. "(This was said when Adam and I were admiring one of the 80's guys WWF Hulkamania bandannas that was tied around his leg. Michelle--drunk woman mentioned above--made this comment. Honestly I don't think she realized they were all dressed in a theme. I think she thought the guy WANTED to wear the bandanna around his leg.)

Something I wore that I'll be wearing again:

1. Bandannas, do-rags, whatever you call them. Love them! I love wearing them outside, around and about, at the pool, wherever. They keep my hair out of my face and are pretty freaking cool. Wish I would have been doing it all summer.

2 comments:

LivingLifeBackwards said...

OH man I need to party in your neighborhood LMAO!! I LOVE watching people.. oh and would totally thrive off the drama that goes on with your neighbor! So was gay Jason the one that had the hulk bandanna around his leg? LMFAO. OK that's a good one make sure you update on gay Jason

AmyWaWa said...

Wouldn't that have been totally rad if gay Jason was the Hulkamaniac?? That would have been so sweet! My neighbors rock. It's like I don't even mind all their drama and screaming because I'm so nosey. What if they got kicked out and someone totally quiet and boring moved in? That would suck.

Our building is pretty cool. It's mostly young people who like to drink. Here's us as we're staggering to the door that night and there's 3 kids outside drinking and they see my husband, "ROCKSTAR! HEY IT'S ROCKSTAR! ROCKSTAR, HANG OUT WITH US!" (Everyone at my hubby's jobsite calls him rockstar cuz he sings in a metal band. Apparently everyone in the building calls him that now too.) Then they look at me and say, "And you are?" "I'm Rockstar's wife and I have to pee!" LOL. That's our building.

You should totally come hang out with me sometime after you squeeze out that puppy you're growing. I love watching people and making comments about them. It's taken me 10 years but I've finally got the hubby to a point where he's becoming a decent observer and commenter. You know nothing makes you feel better than pointing out everyone else's flaws, lol.

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.