Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The FSA update...

Here's the email I got from the FSA people:

Amy,

They were unable to get any documentation on this. It was past the 110 days that they allow for a dispute, but they still tried to get a receipt from the provider and that the provider did not provide the receipt. You will need to take care of this transaction. You will have to provide documentation of the expense, send a check to refund it back to your FSA, or send in receipts for 2008 out-of-pocket expenses to off set the $96.52.

Thank you.








Here's the response I sent back:

Anna,

I'm sorry but I think this is a bunch of crap. They took over two months to come back and say, "Sorry, it's been too long." This is MY money that is being withdrawn from my paychecks and it is not being properly handled. I want to dispute this further. Forward this on to your manager, supervisor, everyone who is above you.

I will send in any receipts I have to help offset the amount, however I am not sending in any checks for this amount. That would be like admitting this charge is mine, which it is not. I don't HAVE documentation of this expense because the expense wasn't mine. I've talked to both the doctor's billing department and the hospital billing department and neither of them have any charges for me for ANYTHING having to do with Trinity Medical Center in 2008. The last charges they have for me were in 2007, in December. No, this was not an amount used for a 2007 bill. My 2007 Flex Spend money was used up IN 2007. If your organization wants to say this is my charge, then SOMEONE can find the receipt with my signature, and it needs to be done now, so I have time to use the rest of my flex spend dollars. If this issue is not resolved and my flex spend balance cannot be exhausted because of this issue, you will be hearing from my attorney. I will also be forwarding this matter to anyone I can get to listen to me. The city attorney, my local congressman, EVERYONE.

Amy

I'll keep you posted. Grrrrrr!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.