Friday, March 6, 2009

...which is my problem...how, exactly?

Over a month ago two doctors associated with our hospital quit their practice and went, who knows where. I don't particularly care except sometimes people call me at work and ask. A letter was sent to each of their patients letting them know the practice was closing and they had been referred to Dr. X. It also listed a number they can call to get a different referral if they don't want to see Dr. X.

Today a man called who had been a patient of one of these doctors and he said that this doctor was supposed to have called in a prescription for him over a month ago and it wasn't done. He said he has an appointment with another doctor he was referred to on Monday but needs this script now, what should he do? I asked what the doctor's name was that he was referred to.

"I don't know."
"Do you know where the doctor's office is?"
"It's across the street from the hospital."

(The area he is referring to is like a doctor's park with seriously about 10 buildings FULL.OF.DOCTOR'S.OFFICES.)

"Without the physician's name, sir, I don't know where to transfer your call to."
"So, what you're saying is, you have no idea who my doctor is and where my appointment is so I'm basically fucked???"
"That's it, exactly." Is what I wanted to say. What came out of my mouth was more. "I'm sorry. This is only the switchboard. I don't have any access to your records or appointments and can't tell you who your doctor is."

This is when he starts yelling the word "fuck" a lot and basically the point in the call where I hung up. Good luck and good day to you, sir.

Happy weekend everyone. Adam and I are heading out to karaoke tonight. I have to go now and pretend like I don't hear Adam having pretend conversations with people in the shower.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.