Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This is what eight years of higher education will get you

At work we get all of the medical transcripts from the transcription department and mail them out to the doctors listed on them. I don't read through them unless I see a word that might catch my eye and then I might skim it. Mostly it's because we get so much mail that if I sat there and read them all it would take my entire shift. Plus they're mostly boring. One did catch my eye the other day though. It was regarding an elderly woman, I think in her 80's that was having trouble with her vision. The doctor said about her condition, "...she finds darkness very much causes poor vision." Wow. Really? She can't see in the darkness? Hmph. I guess that's why you're the doctor and I'm just sending you your mail.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.