Wednesday, March 25, 2009

When my dad speaks people listen...and then they laugh too

My dad called me a couple weeks ago and said he wanted all of us to go out to eat at a new Chinese Buffet. The only thing he knew about it was that it was on the Iowa side of the river off of 53rd street. For those not familiar with my state, 53rd street runs through the entire width of two towns and is probably 5-10 miles long. I don't know. I'm not a good judge of distance, but it's quite a stretch.

Tonight he decided we're going on Sunday afternoon. I called him back after telling Adam our plans and managed to have the following conversation without so much as a giggle.

"Hey, where is this place at?"
"Somewhere off of 53rd I guess."
"hmm..."
"I think it starts with a 'Q'. It has a Mexican name."
"..."
"I think it's called Quizno's."
"...uuhhh."
"...Or something like that. Something that starts with a 'Q'."
"And it's a Chinese restaurant?"
"Yeah. What did I say? Did I say Mexican? Yeah. It's Chinese."
"O...kaaay...."
"Can't you just find it on the computer?"
(in my head) "Yeah, I'll just type in Chinese buffets that have Mexican names starting with 'Q'."
"I don't know. It's somewhere off 53rd there."
"Ok then."
"Alright. Talk to ya later. Dad loves ya." (That's right. My dad speaks in the 3rd person.)
"Love you too."

I think I know the place he's talking about except it's not new. It's been around for a few years. It's just off of 53rd street right behind the Mexican restaurant "Q'doba." We'll see what happens on Sunday.

2 comments:

LivingLifeBackwards said...

LMFAO so how did it go! I busted out when he called it Quizno's.

AmyWaWa said...

LOL Lindsey! We ended up not going on Sunday because of our effed up crazy weather and the snow and rain but we did go tonight. I told him Sunday night about the place I THOUGHT it was and he agreed he thought it was there. "Yeah. Dynasty Buffet. I KNEW it started with a 'D'." he said. LOL. Good old Dad. Anyway, it was good and we all had a good time. Even the kids were well behaved and ate well.

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.