Monday, March 30, 2009

no words, no snarky titles

On Sunday morning at work we had a Code Pink. Code Pink is the same as Code Blue only the patient is 8 years old or younger. This patient was under a month old. He didn't make it. The ER called me about a half-hour after I called the code and asked for the chaplain on call. When I transferred him to the ER I could hear a woman in the background sobbing very hard. I hung up and my body felt heavy all over. My heart hurt. I couldn't wait to get home. I came home to a house full of kids. My kids, neighbor kids, wonderful kids. Blake greeted me with his usual, "MOMMMMMAAAAAAA!!" and he ran to me at the door and gave me a big hug. Just like he always does. I gave him a big kiss and a hug and kissed and hugged Emily.

Do that for your kids today. There are mommies and daddies who aren't able to tonight.

1 comment:

LivingLifeBackwards said...

Oh my God, I couldn't even imagine.

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.