Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mom's Day

Yesterday my sister had a Mother's Day dinner at her house. Besides me and my crew she also invited her mother and father-in-law and our dad. My sister's in-laws are really awesome people. They are so cute. I guess Friday was their 56th wedding anniversary and my sister called her MIL that night to wish her a Happy Anniversary and she had no idea what she was talking about. They had both forgotten about the day. I told her right then I was never going to let Adam do that. I expect something FABULOUS on EVERY anniversary, especially my 56th. Isn't the 56th Anniversary signified with a huge diamond ring, necklace and matching tennis bracelet? I'll have to check with Hallmark but I'm almost certain that I'm right. Just kidding Adam! Actually I'm not. No, I am. I'm kidding. Well, you'll just have to wait and see.

So we had a great dinner. My sister made lasagna and a salad and both were very good. For desert she had made chocolate creme pies. Yum! After dinner my cousin, her daughter and her daughter came over to visit with the in-laws. See, my sister and my cousin married two guys who are brothers. That means they have the same in-laws that I mentioned above. Our cousin was the first one to get married then 3 years later they had a baby. Two years after that my sister got married and that also meant that our 2nd cousin became my sister's niece. Confused yet? Good! It was fun getting to see my 2nd cousin's baby, Gracie. She's almost one and a half and has finally caught on to the whole walking on her own thing. She's very independent.

After all that we opened gifts. Adam had the kids paint rocks. They did an awesome job.




Both kids made me things at school too:






The purple card is from Emily. She apparently is a fan of my tuna and noodles. Hominy, notsomuch.

From my sister I got an Isabel Bloom statue called, "Memories"



She and the kids picked out this Willowtree figurine:



Also she got a wallet, which I'd love to show you a picture of, however blogger is being a bitch. Eff off blogger.

On Saturday we all went to the farmer's market where a lady had a booth for kids to decorate a pot and plant a Marigold for their moms for Mother's Day.



My dad had roses delivered to me. If you thought I was kidding when I said my dad talks in the third person here is proof:





Here's hoping your Mother's Day was fantabuloso! Mine most definitely was.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.