Saturday, February 28, 2009

Really? You have to do that NOW?

I spend a lot of time on websites reading information. I like to read all of your blogs but I also like the ridiculous sites like TMZ and eonline. I also visit the ones that I like to think expand my mind and thinking like msnbc and cnn. Tonight I came across an article on MSNBC that made me say, "WHAT?" out loud, even though no one was in the room.

A lady in Kettering Ohio was charged with child endangerment after another motorist saw her not only BREAST-FEEDING her child while she drove, but she was also talking on her cell phone. Police say the concern was that she had a child in her lap while driving, not that she was breast-feeding in public. The 39 year-old woman said she wouldn't let her child, who was under the age of two, go hungry.

Now, I never breast-fed my children. The whole process just creeps me out. I don't like to touch my own boobs, let alone let some baby suck on them, even if they came out of my vag. *shiver* I don't have a problem with other women who do it, or who even do it in public as long as they are discreet about it. I really don't. however I can't imagine it would be easy to talk on a cell phone and breast feed your child in the comforts of your own home, sitting on your couch while watching All My Children, let alone adding the whole steering, braking, turning an automobile to the mix.

And really? The phone call couldn't wait? There was NO WHERE for you to pull over and feed your baby? Were you so far away from your destination that the baby couldn't wait? Exactly how long had it been since you last fed the poor thing?

Police say the woman faces up to 180 days in jail and a $1,800 fine if convicted of the misdemeanor. Good luck with that.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.