Saturday, February 14, 2009

In the end...they're just a bunch of cards...but with a lot of meaning

My family has to be the luckiest family on the planet. They are the luckiest because once a month they get to be the victims of my wrath. Once a month they get to see me scream, cry, scream some more and act like a complete moron. One day last week was their lucky day.

In the shortest terms possible I had a massive dose of PMS, I freaked out at Emily because she didn't tell me that her aunt, my sister, who buys her every freaking thing in the world, had gone out and bought her Valentines when I was the one that wanted to take her shopping for them. I was really hurt, I said kinda mean things to Emily, I vented about it on another blog, I felt better about it a few hours later and apologized to Emily the next morning. Oh, and she had also bought Valentines for Blake too, but I had already beat her to the punch on those.

In my venting on the other blog someone suggested we donate the extra box of Valentines to a shelter for a child that maybe couldn't afford them otherwise. Someone else suggested handing them out at a nursing home. I fell in love with the idea and so did Adam. I filled them out Thursday night while I watched our Thursday night shows and yesterday I bought four bags of chocolate hearts to give with them. We have about 50 valentines to pass out to the residents. Adam had called a nursing home near us and they gave us a time that would be good to come up.

Most of you probably don't know that my little construction worker of a husband used to be a CNA at a nursing home before he started working in construction. He knows what they are like and how the residents light up when little kids come to visit and how a lot of them don't get a lot of visitors of their own, if any at all. We explained to the kids what it will be like and why we are doing it. We told them we just want them to understand what it means to give instead of receive, receive receive. I'll update you when it's all said and done.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.