Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Look Back at the Grammys By Amy WaWa...

Today I've decided to give a recap of Sunday night's Grammy awards. I didn't even know the Grammy's were on until I heard Lisa Rinna's voice coming from the living room. Speaking of, I really loved Lisa when she was on DOOL and her lips were smaller than her vag but dang old girl has gotten a bit skanky in her old age. Anyone see her at the SAG awards where we all got a bit more of Lisa Rinna than we needed??? As if the picture didn't look awkward enough in the fact that it looks like she has only one leg, now she needs to show us a bit of her lady bits? Seriously, cover that thing up.





As for the Grammy's they was a'ight. It's been a long time since I've watched any awards shows. Alison Krauss' face creeps me out. It's frozen like Nicole Kidman's from too much plastic surgery and colligen injections. Also, her corset-style dress did nothing for her except emphasize her horrible, horrible posture and it squeezed the upper part of her body out the top in a really weird way. Another thing that was weird about her and her buddy Robert Plant was that every time they were called up to the stage for an award, Bob would do all the talking while Alison stood there "frozen" with a big smile on her face, holding the Grammy. Then, as they walked off the stage she would hand the Grammy over to Bob. When they won Album of the Year Green Day, who presented them with the award, tried to hand the statue over to Alison but she declined it and told them to give it to Bob. Then she actually did say a few words, something to the effect that Robert is a PITA to work with, but she said it much nicer and you kinda had to read between the lines. Quite frankly, after hearing them sing together just before they somehow won album of the year I was even more unimpressed and more suprised they had won the albums they had won so far. Frankly I thought it sucked. There, I said it.



I won't even talk about what M.I.A. wore during her performance:



In case you missed it, there was also a giant polka-dot patch covering her ass. Sadly, this ensemble was almost better than what she showed up in:



As I watched the pre show they showed Jennifer Hudson arriving. There she was standing beside her limo and her "peeps" were fixing her make-up. I remember thinking, "Oh. They've put some kind of paper in front of her dress to protect it from any make-up mishaps. A couple minutes later she stepped over to Ryan Seacrest's booth and that's when I said, "Oooooooo. That was actually part of her dress!"





To me it looks like a giant piece of fly paper flew around in the air and stuck itself to the front of her otherwise beautiful dress.

Coldplay performed and I commented to Adam that it looked like Punky Brewster channelled Sgt. Pepper and designed their costumes and set.





I guess I should mention some highlights of the show, instead of focusing entirely on the negative. With the exception of the Plant/Krauss suck-ass song, I enjoyed all of the performances. Kid Rock did a mix of three of his songs, however the big talk of the night was the fact that Paul McCartney was going to be performing. I was anxious to hear it because Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters was going to be backing him on the drums. After all the hype Sir Paul finally made his way to the stage and simply did "I Saw Her Standing There". That was it. Paul McCartney 1, Kid Rock 3. Somehow it just didn't seem right.

We saw a lot of Justin Timberlake I think mainly because they had to fill time because of the Chris Brown/Rihanna issue and the fact that both were supposed to perform but obviously neither showed. I didn't mind. Gimme J.T. over Brown or Rihanna anyday.

Radiohead did an awesome performance of "15 Step" with the USMC Trojan drum corps. I told Adam I bet it was even better if you were there. I bet a lot of people in the audience got goosebumps, it was that good.

I've read a lot of negative things about Katy Perry's performance and outfit during "I Kissed A Girl." At the start of the performance Katy was lowered onto the stage in a giant banana and she looked a bit like Carmen Miranda, however I didn't REALLY think it was that over-the-top, especially for Katy Perry. I mean...come on...do I need to bring up M.I.A. again???



Performances I could have done without include Neil Diamond singing Sweet Caroline. Actually he doesn't even sing it. He just "talks" it and lets the audience fill in a lot. Also, Stevie Wonder with The Jonas Brothers. I felt bad for Stevie. The poor guy had no idea the trio of teenage losers he was singing with.

What did you think of the Grammys?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.