Monday, December 8, 2008

It's like this and like that and like this and a...

Blake's birthday party was a huge success yesterday. Special shout-out to my hubby who stayed up very late on Saturday night cleaning while I was at work. The house looked wonderful. Now if he could only magically make our living room about 5 feet wider so we could comfortably put the Christmas tree where I want it. *sigh*

Also awesome job to everyone who bought Blake a gift. I think everyone except my sister asked what to get him and to everyone I said, "Anything Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Iron Man. Basically anything ending in 'man.' " Everyone got him the perfect thing that wasn't already something he had. He got big Superman and Batman action figures, some little spiderman, iron man and such, some cash, remote control cars, a hot wheels track. Lots of goodies. Adam took one look at that hot wheels track and said, "Yeah. I can't WAIT to get laid off!"

I started putting some of the xmas decorations up this morning. I'm missing things and I don't know if I want to go out to my sister's house to dig through all my stuff and bring it back here only to take it down in a couple weeks. It just doesn't seem worth it somehow.

I slept on the couch last night because Adam fell asleep on top of the bed, diagonally. With his clothes on. And his shoes. And he would NOT move. In fact I got yelled at by a very groggy Adam for even suggesting it. I thought it was FREEZING in the bedroom anyway so I grabbed my pillow and a blanket and spent a peaceful night on the couch.

If my son doesn't stay out of the kitchen and refrigerator I may be forced to duct tape him to the wall. Don't make me do it. No. Really.

I seriously need to clean our bedroom and our bathroom. I cleaned the main bathroom before the party but would have DIED if anyone would have needed to use ours. In fact I probably would have made one of the neighbors open up their home so as to save myself the embarrassment.

Adam may very well be getting laid off today for the winter. Then we'll be spending the next five months watching movies, playing RockBand and drinking. It's a lot like college all over again, except with clean clothes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love him or not, I would go absolutely CRAZY if I had to spend five months at home with my husband. I work for a reason!! :-)

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.