Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Extravaganza!

Because I worked 2nd shift on xmas eve, we had to break our normal family tradition of going to my sister's house to open the gifts she had bought. We were going to do it on Saturday, then they decided on Friday night that the roads out their way were too bad. Saturday morning they changed their minds and we headed to the land of presents as originally planned.


My sister buys a ton of presents for people at xmas time. Like a lot. Like lots and lots. Here's a breakdown of what I can remember everyone getting. Remember, these are all basically from my sister, with a few from my dad. Keep in mind though, my sister takes care of all of our dad's finances and of course his xmas shopping so basically a gift from my dad, while PAID FOR by him, it's really from my sister.


Me:


1. A Swatch watch. That's right! Early this year I posted a blog on my myspace about a website that lists all Swatches. I was able to find a picture of the one I got in 7th grade. I also declared in that blog that I would get another Swatch from this website in the not so distant future. I wanted one that screamed, "I am a Swatch watch straight out of the 80's!!!" Well, lucky for me when I did all that planning and booking for my sister and BIL's vacation this summer I happened to show her the Swatch site and how I wanted another Swatch. Lucky again for me that Caesar's Palace has a Swatch store in it. Whooohooo! While my new Swatch isn't TOO funky and doesn't scream 80's, it most certainly screams Swatch and I absolutely love it! I'm totally getting a Swatch guard in the next couple weeks.

2. Two Hallmark ornaments

3. 5 scratch-off lottery tickets (we each got these. She bought 30 tickets total and only 4 were winners. Blake won $5 and a free ticket and my BIL won a free ticket and $1.)

4. A handheld Sudoku game (this was "from the kids")

5. bed sheets

6. Adam and I got a $60 gift cert to Texas Roadhouse

7. $125 from my dad which we immediately handed over to my sister because she bought us a new washing machine the day after xmas when mine died last week. The rest of the washing machine money came out of Adam's snow plowing $$$.

8. Each of us got these Hallmark dancing globes. Mine was the elf one. Unfortunately Adam's reindeer would only tap one foot so he's gotta go back to the store and be exchanged.

9. The Office Season 4

10. Across the Universe DVD which I gave back to my sister because I already bought it for myself

11. A huge humidifier

12. Monopoly electronic banking



Adam got:

1. His own leg lamp from the movie "A Christmas Story". It was the first thing he opened and he said it's the only thing he needed. Even still he keeps saying, "That's the coolest thing ever. If that's all I would have got I would have been happy."

2. 4 pair of jeans

3. Fleece jammie pants "from the kids"

4. a Hallmark ornament

5. an ornament "from Emily"



Blake got:

1. 4 Planet Heroes guys

2. A Red Ryder BB gun (Emily got one too but in pink. They'll shoot their eyes out, I know. That's why they're locked in my BIL's safe.)

3. Preschool activity books

4. Both kids each got one of these DVD players (Blake's is blue) and a case to keep them in

5. 2 Leapster games

6. Each of them got Flik Flak watches which are kid's Swatch watches

7. Clothes, clothes, clothes

8. Jammies, jammies, jammies

9. Batman remote control car

10. Tonka helicopter

11. play-doh

12. in his stocking (yes, he has one there too) there was a coloring book, M&M's, and Hot Wheels

13. A big talking Incredible Hulk

14. Transformers bubble bath

15. A Smart Cycle



Emily got:

1. an iPod shuffle

2. Kung-Fu panda dvd

3. Tinker Bell dvd

4. 2 games for her Nintendo DS

5. Clothes, clothes, clothes

6. play-doh

7. her stocking had a coloring book, M&M's and littlest pet shops

8. Dancing castle barbie

9. a leapster game

10. Tinker Bell bubble bath

11. SpongeBob Monopoly

12. About 3 or 4 Crayola color explosion/light up drawing thingys

13. a bunch of craft stuff ie. pompom balls, craft sticks, glue, tape, pipe cleaners, etc.

So, yeah...not that much really...if you're a family of, oh say, TEN!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.