Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Halloween complete with no pictures

Well today is the first day of NaBloPoMo and I've got another boring post for ya! It would probably be a much more exciting post had I remembered to take my camera with me to Blake's school party last night. Actually I did have the camera, however I forgot it in my sister's car and didn't really think about it until much later. Bad mommy! I'm definitely going to try to get some of the pics my sister took and then publish an update because some of the kid's costumes were AWESOME and there was one particular old man that just has to been seen by the whole world.

Everything came off without a hitch yesterday. I did some cleaning in the morning, made the kids mummy dogs for lunch as their "super-special-Halloween-lunch" and then we all got ready to go. My sister met us at the house sometime close to 4:00 and we took the kids over to Walgreens to get free Halloween pictures taken of them. I could have picked the pics up today, had I not forgotten until just now. Maybe then my post wouldn't be so picture-free.

From there we headed to our local pet store so I could get the birds some more seed. We've been having an issue with moths which our "bug guy" says is due to the seed. They are attracted to the seed. Ack. Poor Jake and Sam. Emily and I totally cleaned out the bird cage, the bird stand, the container we keep their seed in and dumped out all of their food except for a small amount we put in their bowl. Now we're keeping the food out on the deck, although I've heard it works well to keep it in the fridge too so once it starts getting too cold to head out on the deck, we'll be storing the food in the fridge.

Once I got the seed we made our way over to the church where Blake goes to preschool for their Wild, Wild West festival. I had given the kids a choice of going there or trick-or-treating and this is what they chose. I told my sister it figures that we'd be INSIDE at some festival on Halloween night since it was nice out. The last 3 years it's been freezing and the kids have been out in the cold with their costumes under heavy coats and hats. The church had a free supper of hot dogs, baked beans and chips, which was pretty good. The kids got to play lots of games and won a ton of candy. Adam was even able to join us for the last hour and a half or so. He's still working out of town but got off early enough to make the hour and half ++ drive.

Once it was over we headed home, put the kids to bed, hung with the neighbors for a bit and then Adam and I played a bit of Rock Band. I got to show off my mad drumming skills. I even finally made my way through "Green Grass and High Tides" which has been kicking my ass for the last few days.

Today I started to clean up our bedroom which literally looks like a laundromat exploded in there, however I lost interest after about 3.4 minutes. Adam was nice enough to clean out my car, which was another mess, and then the fam and I headed over to my work so I could do a few days of the on-call schedule. November is my month to do this, but since I only work part-time I have to do several days at once. I had started it when I worked on Wednesday night but our company Intranet was down and once it came back up I had spaced it off, so it was my own fault that I had to come back in on my own time and get caught up. Oh well.

After that we got some lunch, groceries, came home and we all played Rock Band for a bit. Emily loves the song "I Think I'm Paranoid" by Garbage. She'll tell you she thinks the name of the band is silly because their songs are really good. She actually does an awesome job on the song. Blake likes to sing "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash. Basically he screams, "Should I stay or should I go now" over and over the whole time and we end up getting kicked off the stage 2 out of 3 times.

So now I think I'll try to get some more cleaning done in our bedroom. Right now Adam's working on some songs with one of the guitarists for the 2nd band he's in but I'm hoping he'll come in soon and help out.

Happy November everyone!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.