Sunday, October 26, 2008

more randoms...

I enjoyed the style of my last post so much, I'm going to do it again. Short excerpts on what's going on with me, my fam and the rest of the world.

On Friday Adam and I purchased a PS2 and Rock Band. Let me just say I've been rocking out with my cock out since Friday afternoon. I haven't yet touched the guitar but I plan to eventually so I will be able to play anything should any member of our band suddenly drop out or need to go back into rehab. My specialty so far has been the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums...sorry, was channeling The Ting Tings there for a minute. They should put a Ting Tings song on Rock Band. Blake would flip!

Found an awesome website last night at work. www.x-entertainment.com. This guy has everything 80's. Not for sale, mind you, just as a general discussion. He's complete with pictures too. For instance he's got an entire section dedicated to old school McDonald's tray liners. Go. Look. Feel old.

On Wednesday I worked first shift and the cafeteria served my favorite soup, California Medley. I'm working first shift again on Monday and guess what? California Medley soup is being served. It's like I just won the soup lottery.

Speaking of lotteries, I also won the "you just pissed out your ass lottery" at a local McDonald's bathroom on Friday. Apparently drinking 2 glasses of milk the night before and then eating at Denny's the next day for breakfast automatically enrolls you. I had no idea. TMI? Yeah. I thought so too.

Blake is Iron Man for Halloween. The best part about this is when he puts on his costume he walks around Ozzy-style saying, "I. Am. Iron. Man!" Now if I could just play that on my Rock Band drums.

Adam's been called back to working out of town. Boo!

Playing Rock Band instead of sleeping before you go into work 3rd shift will make you very, very, very....VERY tired about 2 hours before your shift ends. I wouldn't recommend this.

Sometimes when you're at home and bored you pull out the old Microsoft Paint and draw pictures of your hubby that look like this:



Seriously. It looks just like him. See?



Told you. Pay no attention to the bitter look on his face. This was taken New Year's Day this year and he had just put his car into a large snowbank on the side of Interstate 80.

The above cartoon Adam is the first time I've mentioned his band since I started this blog almost a year ago. Let me now give them a proper introduction:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Plagued By Saints

www.myspace.com/plaguedbysaints

I don't like people who call us at the switchboard at work and want to know what time their appointment is with their doctor when they don't even know their doctor's name. Honesty, how do these people function every day?

30-year old women who go to the ER for a pregnancy test need to man-up and find the courage to spend $9 on an EPT at their local drug store. No. Really.

Tonight I went to Emily's school for a parent-teach conference. Turns out I signed up for Thursday night, not Monday night. Maybe I should write these things down.

Last night it flurried. I am NOT ready for winter. Winter can suck it!

Remember THIS post? Turns out I'm not skerrd anymore. I've actually listened to "American Girl" a few times. In my car even. Ta-da! I'm cured.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.