Wednesday, October 22, 2008

You should be more like me

I've been eating some yummy things and watching some great tv so I thought I would share. Actually, I've been eating some decent things and watching some OK tv, and I'm bored and want to share.

Tonight for dinner I made Stouffer's Beef Stroganoff. It's about $7 at Wal-Mart and everything comes in one big bag. It has 3 very simple instructions:

1. Pour contents of bag in large skillet, cover and cook on high for 3 minutes
2. Uncover and stir
3. Re-cover and cook on medium for 9-11 minutes.

Viola! Dinner. Here's how quick and easy this is. I worked until 5 tonight. I got home at 5:35 and I was clearing off the table at 6:30. Now that's awesome. It was pretty good too. The only thing I would remove if given the option was the onions. I love onions, don't get me wrong. In fact when I was little, like say between the ages of 2-6 I would sit on the floor, in front of the onion bin and eat them like apples. My mom, a true cussing genius, would say to me, "Amy! God dammit! Don't eat those like that! You're three! That's not right! Fuck!" Frozen onions put into once prepared food and then reheated into pieces of slime are acky.

This past Sunday on my weekly Sunday grocery shopping adventure I picked up Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream. It's the bomb! Holy gourds, Batman, this shit is great. I grabbed one for my sister too. No word yet on if she's tried it or likes it. The only thing I don't like about it is the texture. Because it has a swirl of graham crackers the texture is a little gritty. The flavor though, rocks!

Every Sunday night Adam and I wrap up our weekend by watching Little Britain, USA. According to my bestie, Jim, who knows all things having to do with British TV shows, it is basically the same show that's been on in England, just now finally making it's way to the US. This show is raunchy and hilarious, and I love it. Just once at work I want to imitate the skit with the lady who works in a hospital and say, "Compu-ah sez no."

Raising the Bar. This show is on TNT and stars Mark Paul Gosselaar, aka Zack Morris from Saved By The Bell. It's a lawyer show and MPG plays an attorney sporting a Jesus meets Richie Sambora shag hairdo. I think this show started out a little weak but it's getting a lot better. I look forward to watching it each week.

The Cleaner. Two words: Benjamin Bratt. Yum! I can even make my way past the 'stache and goatee he flaunts that really needs a trim. Unfortunately the season finale was last week so you might not be able to check this one out, however it's worth a search on your DVR. I think this one is on A&E just like...

Intervention. I'm sure you've heard of this show. I watch it every week to remind me not to do drugs or drink to excess. These people are all kinds of fuggered up. Love it.

Easy Fries. These are microwaveable fries sold in single serving boxes that sell for about 88 cents each at Wal-Mart. I bought them for the kids last week as part of a quick dinner that included hot dogs. They actually microwave up crispy and are pretty good.

Baked chicken and rice. I'm throwing this one in just to prove that not everything I make comes out of the freezer section premade. I got a recipe for this online and the rice is made with onion soup mix. Once I served it and tasted the rice I almost cried. It tasted EXACTLY like the chicken and rice my grandma used to make. Should you find yourself wanting the recipe, let me know. I'll hook you up.

So, what have you been watching and eating? Anything I need to know about?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.