Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sorry that we're not being held hostage by a group of angry clowns...

In the wee hours of the morning at work we took in a gunshot victim. This summer, ok, during all seasons, in the part of town that my hospital is in, this is pretty common but I didn't realize how common until I got a phone call from a nurse up on one of the floors:



"Switchboard"

"Yeah, we're wondering why there's so many cop cars outside"

"Oh. There's a gunshot victim down in the ER."

"Oh. (obvious disappointed tone) Is that all?"

"Yeah...sorry."



I'm not really sure what she wanted to hear. Maybe she wanted to see if I was being held captive in the switchboard office, duct taped to my chair and ready to give a list of demands such as a Hummer filled with gas, 12 cheeseburgers, a large selection of guns and $250,000 in tens and twenties--non-sequential.



On a related note, rumor has it that a new code is being developed to be called when an active shooter, or person with a gun is in the hospital. These are the times we are living in...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.