Thursday, July 10, 2008

The long and winding road

This has been a long and quiet week for me. My sister has been on vacation this week so she came and got the kids last Sunday afternoon and she's had them at her house ever since. She did this to save me some money on a sitter. (thank you, thank you!) I was really, really looking forward to being home alone for a few days. I haven't cooked at all...well...except for some mac n' cheese last night before work. I don't count microwave bacon for BLT's. I've been staying up late and sleeping in and even watched a few movies. (Feast of Love--great! A Raisin in the Sun--meh) No one stood in front of the TV and I haven't had to yell at anyone. Yep. It's been quiet. Very, very lonely and quiet.

The kids were supposed to be back this afternoon but I have to work 2nd shift tomorrow and my sitter has to work at her real job. I also have a roundtable meeting on Saturday and Adam's working OT on Saturday too. When I talked to my sister on the phone today she volunteered to keep the kids longer and not bring them back until after my meeting. Oh, and she's also loaning us money until next week so we can by silly things--like groceries and gas. My sister rocks! Someday I'll win the lottery and buy her something silly like a car full of cash. Someday.

Last night on my way to work the weirdest thing happened. I was at a stoplight and a car pulled up next to me in the left turn lane. It was a minivan with it's passenger side window down. I could hear the music playing in the car but didn't pay it much mind at first. Until I realized, they're listening to POLKA MUSIC! Whoa! Who does that?

I'm a little irked at iTunes right now. I SOOOO found the soundtrack for mine and Jim's summer of 2008. 2007 it was the summer of Shiny Toy Guns and Rooney. Or was that '06? Anyway, this year's soundtrack is Miss TK and The Revenge's 'No Biterz'. Love it. Want it. Gotta have it. Can't get it to download from iTunes. Effen bitches. I can download their free song of the week all day long but I can't actually buy a freaking song to save my life. In their defense they've tried to help me, several times but to no avail. They were even so nice as to give me two free song credits but Miss TK and The Revenge is not to be mine. I guess I'll have to go out and actually BUY the CD from a store. I don't know if I know how to do that anymore. Do they still stock them alphabetically???

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.