Monday, July 14, 2008

Some Open Letters:

Dear Country Music:

I won’t do it anymore. I won’t willingly listen to you anymore. You’re just too sad. The times that you’re not sad you’re just too, well, corny! I’m no longer willing to fill my empty time with your non-sense. If you’re on the radio at work when I get there, then I’ll change the station. I won’t be saddened by sick people who enjoy singing about sad things just to have something playing in the background of my work day. There’s enough sadness in the world without these crazy people in cowboy hats, pointy boots and large belts willingly singing about more. Ever hear of Debbie Downer? Your every song is her theme music. Good luck to you.




Dear local and state police departments:

Thanks for not pulling me over on my way home Friday night as part of your area-wide safety checks. I have no reason to think you would have found anything wrong. All of my lights, turn signals, etc. are working. I have a valid license, insurance and registration. I wasn’t drunk, although a little tired from being at work for 10.5 hrs. Despite all of this, with my luck, I’m sure I would have been ticketed for SOMETHING. Anyway, thanks for letting me slide on by and be on my way.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.