Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Better Wednesday

Well today my dad came over to watch the kids so I could work all day. My supervisor left at 10:30 of course to go to a "meeting" and never came back. Again, already had that one figured out before I even got there since she has tomorrow off for an "Office Day" and the next day is a holiday. I'll say it again, what comes around goes around.

The day at work was pretty busy after that since we were a man down on answering calls. Again, it worked to my advantage since I didn't get to take a lunch and got to leave a half-hour early.

When I got home my dad and I had already made plans to take the kids to Toys 'R Us and then go out to dinner. He wanted to buy Emily something for her good grades on her final 1st grade report card, and because Emily was getting something, Blake was going to get something too. Blake chose a Batman figurine and Emily got two computer games. The whole TRU experience literally lasted about 6 minutes. Done...and...done.

After that we went to Ryan's and had dinner. I had never had dinner with just me and the kids and dad. It was kind of weird, but nice. Blake was even somewhat behaved. Now THAT was really weird.

I was a little scared on the way home because Blake had eaten a lot at the restaurant and, according to my dad, a lot throughout the day at home so I was concerned about what was going on in his tummy. Sure enough my worst fears came to fruition in his pants...and underwear. For all of you new parents, or soon-to-be parents out there...if you think changing a dirty diaper is bad, try changing a shitty pair of underwear, ok?

Had a long talk with Blake about the consequences of being a "big boy" and what it entails, i.e. using a toilet, and not your underwear. The kids actually went to bed at 9:30 and Blake didn't even get up 5 or 6 times like he usually does. Stayed up late and goofed on the computer. Went to bed and passssssssssed ouuuuuuuuut.

Oh, and here are a couple pictures of that TOTALLY AWESOME birthday card I got from the kids. Notice the exclamation mark Emily wrote after her and Blake's name. Totally an Adam thing.






No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.