Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's my life...and it's a little crazy...

I haven't posted in so long and I'm sorry about that. What's been going on with me? Well, mostly just work. I'm still working 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts, usually during the same week. Blake has been sick with a double ear infection starting last Friday. I would talk to the doctor about his ear infection frequency but when we tried to make an appointment for the poor little guy on Monday they said they took him out of their system because we have a bill that was sent to collections for $387. Said they can't see him until it's paid. Well this was news to me. Seems like an awful high bill for people that have had health insurance since before they had children. Anyway, I would have argued with them (Adam was actually the one on the phone with them trying to make the appointment) but I lacked the desire. Plus I had already taken Blake to the clinic the day before so he was getting treated with anti-biotics and such, the appointment was just a recommended follow-up. Anyway, somewhere near the bottom of my to-do list is number 437. Call the pediatrician's office to get a copy of said $387 bill. Bitches.

Emily's doing great. We have a conference with her teacher next week so I'm anxious to see how she's doing in school. I took her for a hair cut on Monday and while I was telling the girl what I wanted done to her hair the girl noticed a small chunk on hair on top that was only about 3 inches long.

"What happened here?"
"I dunno." Says Emily.
I say, "Well, who knows. She's been trying to do her own beauty maintenance lately. She's already gone at her unibrow with my razor and shaved off the top of an eyebrow. She also shaved a leg. It's possible she tried to cut her own hair too."

The girl looked at me in total shock like she didn't know whether to call child services or just laugh hysterically. Sometimes I feel the same way.

This week Adam sold our Hyundai and bought a mini van. I've had the Hyundai since 1996 when I bought it brand new off the lot. I was not quite 22 years old and it was my first "new" car. I'll miss it but it's time to go bigger. We have another car that is our "main" car used to haul the kids around and such but it's a smallish 4 door car as well. Adam will use the van for work and now he'll have a bigger car to haul the kiddies in, so that will be good.

Yesterday I got back into the gym and walked a half mile and biked for a mile. I wanted to walk a mile also but I think after my 24-hour flu bug and gym hiatus, my body just wasn't that into me.

Otherwise everything on my end is going pretty good. I've been trying to link to the right some other blogs I've been lurking on so if you have the time, try to check them out. You may find something you like as well!

Well, it's off to bed for me to catch about 3 hours of sleep before I go in to work tonight. I'm working 3rd shift tonight and tomorrow night then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I'm working 1st shift, 2nd shift then 3rd shift. Then guess what? I'm off Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You have no idea how flipping excited I am. Adam and I are going to try to get out to see Don Rickles on Sunday night. I can't wait!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.