Sunday, April 26, 2009

Two down--two to go

Last July when Estelle Getty died I sent a smart-ass email to my friend Stacey who used to work with me at MCI. Stacey is a huge, huge, huge Golden Girls fan. The subject line read: "One down--three to go." I think the body of the e-mail said something along the lines of, "So Estelle Getty is dead." Just one line, plain and simple. I also CC'd that email to our old supervisor from MCI, JC. She actually works at the company Stacey was, and is still working for. Immediately after I sent the email I got a response from JC saying, "Don't say anything else about Estelle Getty dying. Stacey is really upset. He is crying and I think he's actually going to go home early because he can't function." (Oh, did I forget to mention that Stacey is a man? You know my gays love them some Golden Girls). I felt really bad for about 1.72 minutes. Then I just laughed and started calling everyone I knew to tell them what I did. Pretty sure I'm gonna have to do that again tomorrow.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In no particular order I'm a wife, mother, sister, daughter and general observer of humans.